Industrial Landscapes in Stoke-on-Trent


Initial inspiration:


I live in the Stoke-on-Trent area. I am amazed about the history of the area and the particular kind of beauty of the industrial landscape. There are plenty of industrial sites and canals from the industrial revolution. 
I cycle usually and that allow me to go around the canals. Every time I need to go to the Stoke-on-Train train station I will pass Penkhull. it is very curious that they keep two kilns by the canal.

From Wikipedia: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Restored_bottle_kilns,_Stoke-on-Trent_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1578523.jpg 


Initial drawing:

I am fascinated by those kilns.

 Working out the interpretation and final results:

Initially I was thinking to do something based on Van Gogh particular style but applied to the pottery landscape.



This is the final painting.

 Some pics a took recently:











Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Making MongoDB remotely available.

Reflecting about SIR models and some examples

Adicction and Decision Making: a brainy view.